That’s right, we are now in FY2019 and believe it or not, the budget was passed for the first time in decades. This is important because irrespective of election year politics we can all be sure of this:
- The feds will spend over $500 Billion in 2019
- The people who had budget power will maintain that power in 2019
- The government will buy what you sell again, and again, and again
Winning in the federal market is a matter of planning and positioning. Your competition has been doing this for a long time so the key for you is to inject your company as a key player with key decision makers who spend the money. During our Getting Ahead of RFP’s sessions for 2019, we will be reviewing and discussing best practices…
How you can do this:
- Get Smart. Your industry report you received is a sub-segment of isiFederal’s Market Essentials – the best way to find the people behind the opportunities. Market Essentials provides you with the road map – specifically for your company – by identifying who matters most to you. Now that you know who they are, get moving and go after them. Need some help? isiFederal’s support team actively targets and pursues thousands of buyers every single month.
- Identify Gaps. No business has all the pieces so you are going to need some help with your business development processes and activities. What will it take for you to be successful? Dedication to the cause. We reviewed several successful federal contractors and identified the resources needed and budget costs. Need some help? isiFederal can quickly show you what it takes and what you need.
- Budget. There is nothing fast easy or cheap about winning federal contracts. If it was, everyone would be able to win federal contracts.
- Get Proactive. If you want to win, you better be going after your competitors’ buyers starting NOW. October through January is the BEST time to get positioned before the money is allocated for 2019. Using creative ways to get in front of – and stay in front of -key decision makers will make the difference of whether you win or you let your competitors win. Need some help? isiFederal has several innovative ways to get you remembered as a subject matter expert so you get the attention you deserve.
- Give Them the “WHY”. The fact is federal buyers already have relationships with your competitors and, for the most part, they are satisfied. What you are asking them to do is take money from someone they know, and give it to you instead. If that is going to happen in 2019, you better have the right answer to the “WHY”. Need some help? isiFederal can help you hone your message to what matters to THEM so they will understand WHY you are important.
- Get Ahead of the RFP. Rule #1 is if you didn’t influence the RFP then your competitor did. Opportunities come from people, not FBO or even GSA eBuy. Did you know that most winnable opportunities are competed between less than 5 companies? You want to be one of the 5 and you get there by people liking you. Need help? isiFederal can provide you with the expertise to help you bridge the gap and save you hundreds of thousands at the same time.
- Stay the course. Give yourself 24-36 months to develop traction and you will beat the vast majority of the competitors in the federal market. This is what the incumbents did – you can do it too! Need help? isiFederal provides support services that can save you hundreds of thousands of dollars and guarantee success.
To be effective in 2019 you need to know about the market and fill the gaps in your resources. isiFederal can help you do exactly that and you can find out more at www.isifederal.com. No matter what, please join us for our free monthly session “Getting Ahead of RFP’s” and get an understanding of what it takes and how we can help.