According to Federal Procurement Data Systems (FPDS) from April 1, 2017 to April 1, 2018, 4,245,488 contracts were executed for $432,910,499,036.17. Only 81,783 solicitations hit FBO – that is 1.9% of all actions and GSA at around $30B represents 7.1% – Where are the rest?
Yes, many contract actions are part of IDIQs and BPAs (which only contract holders can see) but that isn’t all…
Did you know…
- Most federal contracts (around 80%) have less than 5 competitors?
- Federal buyers have ways to “choose” the company “they” want?
- The RFP process is intentionally exclusionary?
- Incumbents get preferential treatment?
- Most RFP’s have your competitor’s language “baked” in?
The fact is:
Federal decision-makers already have resources that are selling them the same products or services that you want to sell them. Just because you show up doesn’t mean that you should win. Just because you’re an 8(a) Woman owned HUBZone certified service disabled veteran that shows up on their doorstep… Doesn’t mean you’re going to be let into the inner circle of short-listed, preferred vendors.
Your 2018 federal strategy needs to revolve around answering why they should let you in. And it can’t be your set-aside status – there are THOUSANDS of companies just like you.